Five Reasons to Hire a Commercial Electrician in Trumbull, CT for Surveillance Camera Installation
Are you thinking that business security cameras might be a good idea, but are still on the fence? Here are five reasons to hire a commercial electrician in Trumbull, CT to install surveillance cameras at your business location:
- To reduce theft: Unfortunately, people steal from retail businesses everyday, and it’s not just customers taking things they didn’t pay for. In fact, reports show that each year employees make up a staggering percentage of product and cash thefts. Clothes, jewelry, electronics and food items are just a few examples of common stolen goods. Whether the theft is internal or external, placing surveillance cameras in plain sight can deter sticky fingers from going through with a crime.
- To improve customer experience: Especially in restaurant and retail settings, good customer service is incredibly essential if a business is to stay operational, but even more so today with all the competition out there. With cameras, you can review how your employees are treating customers at the register and out on the floor when you’re not present. It only takes one bad experience to lose a customer to the competition—keep this in mind. In addition, visual evidence of which products are selling and which are not can help you in your efforts to increase customer satisfaction.
- To discourage unprofessional behaviors: While the workplace is a great place to make new friends, the workday is not the time to horse around with one another—and it’s definitely not okay to sexually harass other employees. Setting up surveillance cameras can discourage this type of inappropriate behavior, which is not only embarrassing for the harassed employee but also for the customers who witness it. Let your employees know that one reason for the cameras is because you care about their wellbeing and wouldn’t want anyone to feel hurt or uncomfortable while at work.
- To boost productivity: When you are not acting like a spying helicopter, employees don’t feel pressured to do their job a certain way, which can lead to a more natural work ethic. Instead of spending time micromanaging your employees, consider installing cameras around the inside and outside of your business. Also, you are likely to boost your own productivity, because when you leave the observing to the cameras, you are free to conduct other aspects of your business—such as catching up on bookkeeping or seeking out new ways to improve sales.
- To protect your business from false claims: There are people out there who are not above taking advantage of others, so it’s no surprise that one of the top reasons business owners install security cameras is to avoid false lawsuits. For example: A customer walks into a grocery store, then pours liquid dish soap on the floor before pretending to slip and fall. If you get slapped with a lawsuit, you can pull up the footage as proof of a false claim.
If you’d like to install professional surveillance cameras in your business, give the team at New England Electrical Contracting, Inc. a call to speak with a knowledgeable commercial electrician in Trumbull, CT.